Health Care Volunteers International
Khmer Soviet Friendship Hospital (KSFH)
2014 Highlights include:
- Joint Surgical Mission with Face to Face (American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgeons) in January 2014.
- Provision of medications, equipment, and supplies in excess of $200,000 USD from January through July 2014.
- Renovation of 24 bed Surgical ICU (May 2014) with co-management and supplementation of staff salary for training through July 2014. See under Capacity Building.
- Installation and management of hospital wide fiberoptic internet network from February 2014 through July 2014.
- Construction and management of medical library from February 2014 through July 2014.
- Direct Patient Care, Daily Rounding in Surgical ICU, numerous educational/training and capacity building projects January 2014 through July 2014.
Dr. Duggan had been involved with the KSFH for a number of years prior to forming HCVI. He has worked jointly with Face to Face for a number of years and has personally sponsored a number of projects similar to those described above.
In July of 2014, senior leadership came to the conclusion that HCVI could be more successful in achieving its stated mission goals in Cambodia by realigning with the National Pediatric Hospital in Phnom Penh, Cambodia and transitioned from the KSFH at this time.